Touched in a Moment

As I prepare for the school year, it is so easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of completing tasks and making sure all of our ducks are in a row to kick off school.  The team and I have been busy preparing for in-service, meeting with families one on one, working on finding chapel speakers, researching out field trips and last but not least finalizing the families’ paperwork and registrations.  Sometimes it feels like my head is spinning so much, I can’t catch my breath!

Life is like that sometimes. There are seasons in all of our lives where it just gets crazy for a while. I am aware of the need to not lose sight of other important things such as my personal walk with the Lord, ministry opportunities, family and even rest. It is so easy to be distracted with other things that steal my time. Good things, but time stealers nonetheless.

 I sense the Lord trying to reign me in just a bit.  Calm my beating heart to a slower pace that sounds and feels more like His own. Refreshing my tired eyes to see what He sees beyond the tasks a busy life affords. Soothing me in the core of my being from stress and pushing myself too hard. Silencing the noise that bombards me so that His calm and assuring voice can actually be heard.  

What an amazing God we have!  He always reaches us right where we are. Sometimes it takes a little discipline to pull us back so that we walk step in step with Him and sometimes it is simply a warm embrace that reminds us how loved we are.

For me today, it was a precious time where His presence was so real that I couldn’t hold back the tears in the middle of my office.  I simply fell on my knees in worship of my God. How sweet is my Lord and Savior! 

My prayer is that all of our students will find this precious time with the Lord.  That they will experience His presence in such a way that they can’t help but be transformed more and more into His image.  May they be touched in a moment!

When I think of all this, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth. I pray that from His glorious, unlimited resources He will empower you with inner strength through His Spirit.  Then Christ will make His home in your hearts as you trust in Him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong.  And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep His love is.  May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.  Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.  Ephesians: 3:14-20


God, may it be so.  I ask that You draw them to Yourself.  Lord, be near. Set Your eyes upon them. Woo them with your gentle voice that is so beautiful. Remove the blinders from their eyes so that they can see You clearly!  Silence the noise so that their ears can receive Your Word. Give them rest where there is restlessness and stress. Help them to experience how deep Your love is. Amen

Comments

Popular Posts